Transition In Place (TIP)
Description: Transition In Place is a drug and alcohol free transitional to permanent housing program. Veterans (and their families) can move into a one or two bedroom apartment that CVAF leases from local landlords. The veteran will received case management and supportive services until they obtain income that will allow them to take over the lease within 3 to 6 months, but no longer than 24 months.
Maximum # of apartments available: 5
- Veteran must be homeless or at risk to qualify,
- This program can serve single male or female veterans and those with dependents and\or children,
- Veterans must have served on active military duty with other than a dishonorable discharge,
- No income is needed at the time intake and program fees are assessed on household income and on a sliding fee scale,
- A referral will be completed and medical, mental health, substance abuse and criminal history will be reviewed for appropriate placement.
- Case management,
- Weekly one-on-one meetings,
- Participate in Daily Living Skills classes,
- Participate in Employment and Training Program and\or apply for local, state or federal benefits,
- Alcohol and drug free living,
- Bi-monthly Town Hall meetings,
- Agree to follow policies and procedures,
- Pay Program Rent,
- Participate in volunteer activities.
Who to contact for more information: Referrals start with our Case Manager at the Resource and Referral Center at (661) 323-5637.
Program Director: Vanessa Williams
Funding Source: US Department of Veterans Affairs, Grant and Per Diem Program