Step Up (SU)
Description: Step Up is an alcohol and drug free transitional housing program encompassing three homes located in the City of Bakersfield, CA that houses single male veterans that need additional assistance in their move to independent living. Veterans that have successfully completed a Grant and Per Diem Program, have an income commensurate to independent living and have verified reasons for the additional program stay will be moved into this program to complete transitional housing services.
Maximum # of beds available: 9
- Must be a male veteran that successfully completed the CVAF GPD transitional housing program,
- Income must be established and stable,
- Medical, mental health and substance abuse issues must be stable.
- Case Management,
- Biweekly one-on-one meetings,
- Maintain a savings account to assist in their move into independent living (first and last month's rent and household furnishings),
- Alcohol and drug free living,
- Bimonthly Town Hall Meetings,
- Agree to follow program policies and procedures,
- Pay program rent,
- Participate in volunteer activities.
Who to contact more information: Referrals start with our Case Manager at the Resource and Referral Center at (661) 323-5637.
Program Director: Vanessa Williams
Funding Source: US Department of Veterans Affairs, Grant and Per Diem Program