Supportive Services For Veterans Families (SSVF)
Description: The primary aim of this program is to help veteran families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness quickly regain stability and permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis and\or homelessness. SSVF provides a range of supportive services designed to resolve the immediate crisis and promote housing stability. Intervention is short-term and temporary. Homeless prevention is intended to prevent first time and repeated homelessness or a recurrence of a housing crisis. Rapid Re-Housing is intended to end homelessness, reduce the time spent homeless, increase job and income growth and prevent recurrences of homelessness.
Types of Funding Available:
- Rental Assistance
- Utility – Fee Payment Assistance
- Security Deposits
- Emergency Supplies
- Veteran must be head of household,
- Veteran must live in or want to live in Kern County,
- The household would be homeless "but for" this assistance,
- Active military service with a discharge other than dishonorable,
- Veteran household must meet threshold requirements.
- Case management,
- Follow program policies and procedures.
Who to contact for more information: Referrals start with our Case Manager at the Resource and Referral Center at (661) 323-5637.
Program Director(s): Brian Fox
Funding source: US Department of Veterans Affairs