Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP)
Description: The purpose of HVRP is to provide services to assist homeless veterans with meaningful employment within the labor force and to address the complex problems facing homeless veterans. CVAF provides a case management approach that directly assists homeless veterans as well as provide linkages to a variety of supportive services available in Kern County. The program is "employment focused" and veterans receive the employment and training services they need to re-enter the labor force.
- Veteran must be homeless or at-risk (according to the McKinney-Vento definition). If the veteran finds housing during services, they will no longer be eligible,
- Veteran must be employable and unemployed/underemployed (the veteran may be working, but their income falls below the area median income).
- Must have proof of veteran status (DD214, VA ID card or HINQ).
- Job Placement,
- Job Development,
- Career Counseling,
- Resume Preparation,
- Housing Assistance,
- Referrals to medical and substance abuse treatment,
- Transportation Assistance.
- Case Management,
- Employment Classes,
- Follow up to include employment verification after placement.
Who to contact for more information: Referrals start with our Case Manager at the Resource and Referral Center (661) 323-5637.
Program Director: Heather Kimmel
Funding Source: US Department of Labor