Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess functional and social needs of clients in order to develop, implement and monitor service plans leading to increased self-sufficiency, including housing.
- Assess housing needs of clients and develop a Housing Stability Plan,
- Assist veterans to identify mainstream needs and facilitate a plan with appropriate service providers to meet those needs,
- Determine and access appropriate local, state, federal health and social resource agencies,
- Provide office and in-home visits on an ongoing basis as needed by clients, including follow-up services,
- Monitor, document and report client progress in HMIS and in client case files,
- Maintain client confidentiality and respond to clients in a timely manner,
- Provide outreach to the community regarding resources available in the Program,
- Recommend payment for rapid re-housing and complete paperwork per policy,
- Maintain client databases and referrals for service and generate reports,
- Maintain documentation of all payments to clients and all program expenses,
- Develop and maintain a list of housing providers and relationships with housing providers in Kern County,
- Guide clients through the process of obtaining and maintaining housing,
- Comply with established policies and procedures,
- Attend scheduled team meetings and training,
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Experience working in human services field;
- Valid California license with a satisfactory driving record;
- Must be able to drive company vehicles to transport clients.
- Honorably discharged veteran;
- Experience working in property management or housing placement;
- Previous case management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Case Management: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications
- Driver's License
- DMV Printout Required